Received an email from the "China Photo Group", someone had taken it upon themselves to look up Air China's baggage policy and guess what? Only ONE carryon bag is allowed and it has to be less than 5kg (approx. 11 lbs). Well, I don't know about you, but all my camera equipment, my laptop, and a paperback = a heckuva lot more than 11 lbs.
So I called the airline myself. It's true. Yikes. I've spent the better part of today trying to figure it all out. Additionally, checked bags can't weigh more than 50lbs without paying a huge fee. But we're allowed TWO checked bags, each one can be less than 50lbs.
I have no choice really but to check my portfolio. And of course I'm checking my oversized bag (which includes my tripod, winter clothing and boots, plus everyday clothing, foot warmers, protein snacks, etc.)
My camera stays with me...no matter what, folks. Got my camera gear down to 10 lbs. Might have room for a snack and a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment